Visit TAFA's new site!

Angel Fire Designs

"A Pair of Kings" by Patricia Gould (2009, 34" x 43")
www.angelfiredesigns.com



I have exhibited my wall art and my wearable art extensively in the US and abroad. I was invited to exhibit my work at the 2009 Florence Biennale and my quilts have also been exhibited in Taiwan and in Hungary as a result of an artist's residency I was chosen for in 2005. Three of my landscape quilts were purchased by New Mexico Arts for Art in Public Places and my work is in private collections in the US and Europe. My quilts have been published in magazines, books, and exhibition catalogs and I won a Niche Award in 2008 and was chosen as Artist of the Month by the Artist's Magazine in 2003. Two of my quilts are in the online collection of the Library of Congress.

-Patricia Gould

Artist's statement: With a BA in Fine Arts/Art History, and sewing since the age of eight, it’s no surprise that I chose fiber art as my passion in life. A true fabric addict, many different types of fabrics find their way into my quilts and wearable art and I never met a color I didn’t like. Travel was a very important part of my upbringing and my family visited almost all the National Parks in the US and Canada before I was out of school which gave me a deep appreciation for our precious Mother Earth and her creatures. Since 1993, I have been making landscape art quilts, drawing inspiration from trips to China, East Africa, Russia, Antarctica, and extensive travel throughout North America and Europe.

I’m drawn to a few subjects in nature that I find perpetually intriguing by themselves and my voice is whispering a tribute to the incredible beauty in both the subtle and violent forces of nature, only touched by the hand of humans on rare occasions. I’m obsessively drawn to trees, rocks, all forms of water, and animals; I portray these subjects as if they were asking to me to reveal their messages to the world. My fiber pieces are dramatic portraits of Earth and I hope to draw the viewers into these scenes to share the exhilaration I feel and to cherish the wonders of the place we call home.

Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Online shop: angelfiredesigns, Angel Fire Textiles
Memberships:
   Studio Art Quilt Associates
   Surface Design Association
   American Craft Council
Languages spoken: English


 "Coastal Symphony" by Patricia Gould (2009, 51" x 37")










Tags: Landscapes, Mixed - Media, Animals, Wildlife, Water, Trees, Impressionist, Inspiring, Light, Nature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails