Visit TAFA's new site!

OmMadeThreads



Nurtured from childhood to create with my hands,  I continue the journey of playing piano, working with watercolors/collage art, taking photos, creating good-tasting cuisine, and yes, playing with fabric.

Beginning with my first crewel embroidery project at the age of eight (and eventually sewing shortly thereafter), working with fibers has been a great love for me.  I discovered the joy of quilting in 1996 and have never looked back.

I began as a traditional quilter and in the past couple years have ventured into the area of art quilts.  I still return to the my ""roots"" as a quilter, but the freedom of art quilting is definitely feeding my soul.

I am currently a local yoga and health education instructor for local community colleges.  I also have a small holistic health practice here in Southern California.

I enjoy a diverse and interesting life, full of people I love and work I enjoy.

I sell my work through my Etsy site and at local holiday craft and art shows.

I do a combination of machine and hand work on my fiber art pieces.  My quilt art tends to involve raw-edge applique work with rich vibrant batiks.  I also perform my own free motion quilting  from stippling and scroll work to the scripting of words into many of my quilts.

I also do commissions, having recent opportunities to create Tree of Life quilts for many loved ones and Etsy customers.  I offer a basic price scale and work closely with the buyer to create the image they desire.  I have also done custom orders on other quilts as well.  It is a pleasure to "co-create" with the buyer.  I have learned much from the ideas and inspiration of those I create pieces for.

Artist's statement: 

My work is typically a reflection of my life...

A new granddaughter? Baby quilts...
A yoga profession?  Yoga bags...
A sewing hobby?  Pin cushions...
A look at beautiful lilies on the side of the road?  A Calla Lily quilt....

Ultimately, my mission is to create pieces that bring joy to the recipient.  


Location:  Vista, California, USA
Online shop:  OmMadeThreads
Memberships:  Women for Women International 
Languages spoken:  English



Tree of Life Wedding Chuppah by OmMadeThreads






Tags: Quilts, Fiber Art, Embroidery, Free Motion Quilting, Raw Edge Applique, Collage, Nature, Batiks

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails