Visit TAFA's new site!

Billie Bags Etc.



Hello!  I'm Billie Anderson from Bigfork, Montana USA.  Bigfork is a small Village snuggled in on a Bay on Flathead Lake in Northwest Montana that is very arts oriented with many artists and galleries as well as a world class Repertory Theatre. The Bigfork Center for the Performing Arts is the premier venue for musical theater, stage productions, dance, music, and educational programming in Northwest Montana. In the lobby of the Theatre is a 9' church pew that I painted a few years ago and sold.  The buyers donated it to the Theatre.  Needless to say I was so excited to see it there and to know that thousands of people will see and sit on it for years to come.

I'm a third generation Montanan and grew up in Bigfork and have lived there most of my life for over 50 years. My three wonderful adult children were born and raised in Bigfork with two of them living here and my oldest daughter living in Colorado with her husband and my  adorable grandson.

I am a Digital Artist designing digital collages, also known as photomontages, using Photoshop CS4.  I then have my designs professionally printed onto designer fabrics where I then give new life to military surplus laptop sized messenger bags by sewing the fabric onto the flaps.  I also make beautiful pillows and pillow covers with the fabrics.  My designs are also printed in a square format at a Professional Photo Lab online and I sell them in five sizes.

I am inspired by the fabulous Artists and Designers of the Art Nouveau and Art Deco Eras.  I have a collection of roaring 20’s Era Vogue books and magazine covers and also books on Erte’ a designer of the same era that I have always loved. I have focused all my time on designing and sewing for now. My plan for the future is to have silk scarves and wall hangings made using my designs.  The possibilities are endless.

I'm also an Acrylic Artist specializing in painting large wall Tapestries, Canvas Rugs, Fabric and recycled Furniture.  You can see my past painted work in this Portfolio.    

I’ve been an Artist and Crafter for over 40 years.  I was a Basket Weaver for many years, owning my own shop for 10 years with my sister-in-law where we sold our handmade baskets as well as other local artists and crafters work. I’m also a  Photographer and Chandler.  I learned to sew when I was about 13 years old and made clothes and costumes for myself and for my children for years as well as making many quilts. I love creating something with my own hands and ideas and I'm always thinking of something else to create.

My challenges are to keep focused on what I'm doing at the time and my goals are always to produce the best product possible. I have always loved and bought hand made Art and Craft items for myself and for gifts.

I am always available to answer any questions you have.

Location:  Bigfork, Montana, USA
Online shop:  floorartetc 
Languages spoken:  English



"I'm No Angel...But I've Spread My Wings A Bit"
Pillow Cover by Billie Anderson




Tags:  laptop, messenger, bag, pillow, cushion, roaring 20's, theatre, erte, collage, print

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails