Visit TAFA's new site!

Danny Mansmith

"My Shrine for Me" by Danny Mansmith




Hello.
I'm an artist who, for the most part, is self taught.  Making art and working with my hands fuels me to be in this world.

So much of today's society doesn't appeal to me so I have turned to creating my own world in my art.

I really wish to share my art with others and try to inspire others to express themselves to follow their own paths.

Artist's statement:  Working with my hands has saved my life.

Instead of being the fastest or the smartest I found my strength, sanctuary and cushion from the world in making art.

My grandma gave me my first art lessons when I was very young. She sewed my clothes growing up and this influenced me to later teach myself how to use the sewing machine - allowing imperfections, emotions, and child like energies to fuel and inspire me to create.

Danny Mansmith's studio.
I want to push myself to make art with the things around me, to be resourceful and to follow my heart’s inspiration.

Making something wearable, drawing with sharpies or the sewing machine, sculpting, to creating installations that incorporate all of these elements has become my spirituality - my survival.





Location:  Chicago, Illinois, USA
Online shop:  SCRAPdannymansmith
Social media:  
   LinkedIn
   Facebook   (personal page)
Languages spoken:  English 


"Fabric Leaf Cut Out Necklace" by Danny Mansmith













Tags:   unique, individual, authentic, inventive, spiritual, installation art, sewing machine, self taught, resourceful, evolving, outsider art

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails