Visit TAFA's new site!

Norma Schlager

"What Goes Around Comes Around" by Norma Schlager
www.normaschlager.com


I am an art quilter who has always been happiest when creating something.  I started as a traditional quilter and have made many bed quilts and baby quilts and even taught at local quilt shops and through the adult ed programs.  But, there came a time when I no longer wanted to follow a pattern.  Now all of my wall hangings are my original composition, mostly using my own hand dyed fabrics.  My designs are intuitive  and my finished quilts are often different than what I first had in mind. I draw my inspiration from many places, such as my extensive travels, nature or just the pure love of color.

My quilts are mostly abstract, often using wiggly or "wonky piecing" with vivid colors and high contrast.  I occasionally add fused raw edge applique and the icing on the cake is the extensive free motion machine quilting that I love to do.


Location: Danbury, Connecticut  USA
Blog: Notes from Norma
Memberships: SAQA, Fiber Revolution, SDA
Languages spoken: English


"Salsa City" by Norma Schlager



Tags: art quilts, fiber artist, textile artist, hand dyed fabric, original designs, abstract designs, art quilter

1 comment:

  1. Shelley (YellowViolet)April 2, 2010 at 5:49 PM

    Gorgeous Norma! I love your use of color. We're almost neighbors too - I'm up in East Hartland on the Mass. border.

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails