Visit TAFA's new site!

Peggy Dlugos

 


I am a mixed media fiber artist living in Manitou Springs, Colorado, a small Victorian town at the base of Pikes Peak. I consider myself extremely lucky to have grown up in New Orleans, Louisiana where there is art everywhere you look--in the landscape, the architecture, the history, the food, and most of all, the people. Though I am a self-taught artist, I consider the creative stimulation I received from growing up in such a wonderful place to be the best education I could have ever received. I love to learn and continue to educate myself through books, workshops and online classes.

I learned to embroider and sew as a child. This was how I first learned to express my creativity. Over the years, I have enjoyed quilting, fabric painting, paper making, book arts, felting and making fiber art jewelry. My fiber art bracelets came about as a way to use up bits and pieces leftover from other projects. They have been a great lesson in how to create something from nothing.  My bracelets are sold at SWISH, Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Artist's Statement:  For me, it is all about the details. Whether I am making jewelry, needle felting or art journals, it is the fine detail work that I enjoy the most. It is my goal to create art that is meaningful and beautiful. It is through the integration of various media and attention to color, texture, layers and embellishment that I strive to accomplish this. As Renoir once said, "Why shouldn't art be beautiful? There are enough unpleasant things in the world."


Location: Manitou Springs, Colorado, USA
Online Store: pdlugos
Blog: Playing with Texture
Other Social Media: Twitter  
Memberships: EtsyFast
     Exploratory Fiber Arts Group (Colorado Springs, CO)
Languages spoken: English



 "Tuscany" by Peggy Dlugos













Tags: fiber art bracelets, hand needle felting, mixed media book arts, fabric embellishments, embroidery, landscape art, nature, art journals, wet felting

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails