Visit TAFA's new site!

Colin's Creatures




Colin's Creatures is a collection of hand carved, lifelike, fine porcelain wooly animals, primarily sheep figures (approx 5" tall).

I make the head, legs, horns and such out of porcelain for its detail. The body is a cast stone for stability with a wonderful substantial feel and the fur is a woven fabric of wool, mohair or alpaca from the same German source that Steiff teddy bears uses.

Artist's Statement:  My customers tell me that my creatures speak to them and put a smile on their faces. That has become my mission.

Location: Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Online Stores: Colin's Creatures, Etsy
Languages spoken: English


 Porcelain and wooly sheep by Colin's Creatures






Tags:  sheep, lambs, sculpture, wool, farming, animals, children, clay, figurative, agriculture





2 comments:

  1. Colin sent me a set of his sheep as a gift. They truly are gorgeous and so lifelike! I was surprised by the weight and substantial feel of the pieces. I took them to my fiber art meeting as a show and tell and they were a huge hit!

    One of the members was so enchanted that I let her borrow them until I can find a display case to protect them from my home environment.

    The sheep would make a perfect baby shower gift or accent to anyone working with wool (spinners, weavers, knitters, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting here just grinning. We raised sheep when I was a kid and I find your little creations simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails