Visit TAFA's new site!

Indra




From childhood I loved art. I love to draw, paint, embroider, felt. I mix the different techniques together to achieve a goal and then I am pleased. The idea surrounds me until I have implemented it or I will not have peace. I enjoy making special projects for custom orders.  I see this world as a beautiful garden, in full bloom, bright in winter and in summer. So are my creations - bright as paint, showing the strength from the earth and the spirit of nature.

I am inspired by lands, where I have been, the people I met and the seasons!

I opened up an Etsy store and it fascinates me - my creations have traveled to so many countries!. I love this way of traveling around the world and I hope that this is just the beginning of my journey...  And who knows?  Maybe my creations will travel to you!

Artist's statement:  With my creations I try to make people closer to beauty of nature!  I enjoy flowers, fog in the meadow, dew on a cobweb, rhythm in trees... I try to use it all in my work!  I like to be close to nature - it inspires me to create things which reminds me about beauty of nature!
I embroider and felt, sew by hand and with the sewing machine. I like to experiment with embroidery by using freehand embroidering techniques and I like to mix different styles and materials (felt, beads, wool, linen etc.).


Location:  Latvia
Online shop:  Indrasideas 
Languages spoken:  Latvian, Russian, English



Needle-felted pillow cover by Indras Ideas







Tags:  Needle felted; journal; book; embroidery; fiber art; appliqued; accessories; pillow; wall hanging, box

4 comments:

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails