Visit TAFA's new site!

SingingScarves


http://www.Etsy.com/shop/singingscarves


I am an Estonian silk artist specialized in creating custom orders.  I love to paint wearable art - scarves and ties with special motifs, personal notes, good wishes.  I also love to create silk paintings, I have painted on silk for over 15 years and am sure that anything could be painted on silk - portraits, landscapes, pets etc.  I also love to sing while painting, therefore I call my scarves singing scarves.
-Maria Jyrimäe


I have two Etsy shops and sell also via my professional website.  My scarves are also available in Estonian galleries and shops.
If you happen to visit Northen Europe, Estonia and Tartu, you are welcome to my silk studio on Narva mnt. 101.


Artist's statement:  Silk is a living material. It can remember good thoughts, personal wishes, and special songs.  My silk creations carry this special energy and most of them are created just for this person. So they are not only one of the kind but truly personal and special.


Location:  Tartu, Estonia
Online shops:
   singingscarves  (Etsy)
   ArtSilkTies  (Etsy)
Memberships:
   SPIN (Silk Painters International)
   SPIN FaceBook group
  NING SilkPainting Gallery Network
Languages spoken:  Estonian, English, Russian, German, Finnish



Handpainted Silk Scarves by SingingScarves





















Tags:  silk painting, silk art, silk scarf, silk tie, singingscarves, ArtSilkTies, made to order

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails