Visit TAFA's new site!

Catherine Timm





I draw my inspiration from my great love of nature and my ever growing library of drawings, photographs, and designs.  I use fibres, materials, and colour to build unique collages.  This very creative process allows me to explore the use of textiles, fibres, paint, embellishments and stitching.  The purpose of my art is to create beauty and express my feeling and experiences with colour relationships, shapes, and linear movement.  I also enjoy engaging and sharing my passion with the people who collect my work.  

JoAnne Gauci Gallery in Beachburg, Ontario, Canada, carries my work.

Artist's statement:  I am a passionate fibre/mixed media artist who employs surface design techniques and incorporates unusual hand painted, hand dyed fabrics, paper, found objects, hand and machine quilting to depict landscapes and abstract art.  I share my enthusiasm by teaching techniques to others in workshops and seminars.  I  also take every opportunity to learn new techniques from others and employ them in my designs.


Location:  Westmeath, Ontario, Canada
Social Media:  LinkedIn
Memberships:
   SAQA - Studio Art Quilt Associates
   Ontario Craft Counil
   Canadian Artists Representation
Languages spoken:  English


"Quiet Winter Forest", Art Quilt by Catherine Timm

"Icy Grass on a Winter's Day" Art Quilt by Catherine Timm

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails