Visit TAFA's new site!

Teri D. Springer

Cinque Terra - Manarola by Teri D. Springer

I am a retired nurse who is reinventing myself in my first real interest as an artist.  I work primarily in fabric and thread making studio art quilts but I also work with yarn, odd fibres, beads, wood, found objects, etc.  I have no set theme for my work.  I really love to depict the seashore of Nova Scotia in abstract terms but I also enjoy depicting other aspects of nature and architecture.

Artist's Statement:  Over the years I have worked to find my “artistic voice.”  I have studied with great art quilters and artists in other mediums throughout this journey and have finally concluded that my work, like my life, is meant to be eclectic and, well, somewhat ADD.  While I love working in the abstract as I find it very freeing, making images taken from both nature and man sometimes requires a more realistic approach to convey.  Thus, my work continues to evolve and maintain a multi-phase personality that I use willingly and enthusiastically; whatever it takes , both in image and use of materials to get my thoughts and feelings across.


Locations: Chester, Nova Scotia Canada
    and Richland, Michigan, USA
Brick and Mortar Shop: I have a 600 sq ft. gallery in the Park Trades Centre in Kalamazoo, MI where I sell my own work and the work of several other artists.  Currently I have fibre art and hand-made furniture.
Blog: Snow Moon Studios- Adventures in Fibre and Thread
Memberships:
   SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates)- Regional Co-rep for Atlantic Canada
   SDA- Surface Design Association
   PTCAA (Park Trades Center Artist's Association)
Languages spoken: English

Canadian Sunrise: The View from Frieda''s Beach 
by Teri D. Springer



Tags: Art Quilts, Fibre Art, Nature, Architecture, Sea, Sailing, Ships, Nova Scotia, Coastal



No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails