Visit TAFA's new site!

Carolyn Manning Designs




Greetings!  My name is Carolyn Manning and I play with string. Oh, and fabric, buttons, beads, lace and sometimes broken color crayons.

While I experiment with many mediums I have found myself drawn in the most by needlework, fiber arts and textiles.

I have been a cross-stitch and needlework designer for the last decade.  I stitch all of my own designs as well and am always looking for ways to work in old buttons, beads and various other trinkets I have collected throughout the years.  When I package up patterns and include embellishments, rarely will you find two patterns with the same goodies inside.  I find charm in all things old and repurposed.

I like simple and uncomplicated.  Flawed is pretty to me.  A cracked button or a tarnished charm can be perfect worked into a piece.  I am currently working on a series of designs that will combine my love of needlework with vintage fabrics.  (Something else that I collect along with the buttons and broken crayons!)

My 'Illustrator' side shines through most often in my designing with my goofy-faced, whimsical characters.  I think I am known best for my snowmen but I am also influenced by my love of gardens, fantasy and fairy tales.  This next year I intend to explore designs that are  different from my usual 'cartoony' pieces so that I can satisfy all of my creative urges.

I want to create designs that encourage others to pick up a needle and exclaim, "I can do that!"

Artist's Statement: As long as you have breath, you have at hand all you need to create.


Location:  Mankato, Minnesota, USA
Online shops: Hoffmandis (Wholesale Distributor)
   C Manning Designs (My website)
   Etsy
Blog: Make Believe Places and Magical Spaces
Important Links: 
   Hoffman Distributing Company
   Kreinik Manufacturing 
(TAFA member)
Languages spoken: English


Cross stitich patterns available from 
Carolyn Manning Designs






Tags: cross stitch, needlework, designing, fibers, textiles, vintage, repurpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails