Visit TAFA's new site!

Long Ridge Farm


http://www.longridgefarm.com



I am Nancy Zeller, shepherdess and natural dyer. I have co-owned and operated Long Ridge Farm since 1995 and have raised CVM/Romeldale sheep, the rarest breed of sheep in North America, since 2000. My sheep yield a fine wool of 26 microns or less, with a very defined crimp.

I offer a line of yarns I created using their wool along with other precious fibers. I also dye fabrics in accessory pieces as well as yardage.

My passion for natural dyeing began in 2005. I have never used synthetic dyes and plan to remain true to my passion. Through an ongoing process of combining classroom learning with experimentation I have succeeded in achieving rich, strong color from natural dyes and only two non-metal mordants.

My quest is ever-changing, challenging and exciting with regard to natural color and my work.

My studio is located on the farm and I am available by appointment.

Mission:  Through a combined passion for raising my flock of CVM/Romeldale sheep and natural dyeing I am constantly exploring technique and innovation when appling color to cloth and fiber.  Both my rarest breed of sheep and natural dyes face extinction so I am ever conscious of their protection and care. I am turning more to working with bio-regional dyestuffs and ways to coax their colors to my work.


Location:  Westmoreland, New Hampshire, USA
Online shop:  Long Ridge Farm
Social Media:  LinkedIn
Memberships:
Languages spoken:  English



Natural, hand dyed yarns from Long Ridge Farm sheep.










No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails