Visit TAFA's new site!

Candy Meacham - Fiber Art




Stories in wool.  I create handwoven, narrative blankets drawing inspiration from my dreams, my childhood, the season, stories of my students and collaboration with the customer as well as the spirit of the project as it progresses.  I love color and handling the fibers themselves, and I use needle felting to physically apply color and design to the finished weaving.

Artist's statement:  My mission is just an extension of what I have described above.  It is to continue to create these stories and to find the audience who truly wants to listen to each one or who would like to create with me their own tall tale told in fiber.


Location:  Bellingham, Washington, USA
Social Media:  Facebook
Languages spoken:  English, Spanish


"Spirit Rising"  Narrative Woven Blanket by Candy Meacham




Tags:  weaving, needle felting, fiber art, blankets, handwoven, art, color, design, narrative, collaboration

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog...so pleased I found it...warm wishes from south africa

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails