Visit TAFA's new site!

Cath Stonard

"Summer Squall" by Cath Stonard
cathstonardtextileart.com


Most of what I do is purely textile based art to hang on walls. I occasionally dabble in jewellery, mainly brooches, or greeting cards, and these are made mainly for family and friends. I have exhibited locally in a small gallery, and I also belong to a small art group, and have shared exhibitions with them. Time is my main enemy,as I still work three days a week, but with retirement just around the corner, I hope to extend my repertoire. 

Artist's Statement:  My passion is for cloth, texture, colour, thread, dye, paint, putting them together in various proportions, experimenting, playing and generally thoroughly enjoying myself. Sometimes I will translate landscapes, seascapes, flowers, or a still life with these mediums, and other times I will allow these materials to speak to me, inspiring a piece of work that is more abstract. I also enjoy the unexpected results that can occur from a spontaneous approach.




Location:  Carshalton Beeches, Surrey, UK
Memberships: 
   kairos-artists
   Contemporary Quilt Yahoogroup 
Languages spoken:  English





"Woodland Walk", Art Quilt by Cath Stonard









No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails