Visit TAFA's new site!

Fabrique Fantastique



Jan Marriott at Market

I have always had a passion for vintage textiles.  As a child, I would scour market stalls for remnants for my dolly clothes, and I am still at it. I grew up in England (a publican's daughter) and have a textile degree from Canterbury College of Art ...many decades ago. Coming to Canada in the 60's I continued to practice as a textile artist, teaching collage locally at schools and libraries.  I exhibited as well. A wonderful job in the publishing industry came my way and textiles took a back seat for quite a few years, although I always bought more!  Since 2005 I have been buying and selling vintage textiles....anything that appeals and 'speaks' to me.  I sell at Ontario markets and online. I am still intrigued. 

Mission:  To serve my customers in a friendly and knowledgeable fashion, hoping to spread appreciation for vintage and antique textiles.
-Jan Marriott



Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Online shops:
Social Media:  Twitter, Flickr
Membership: Textile Museum of Canada
Languages spoken: English



Vintage quilts and textiles by Fabrique Fantastique










Tags: vintage, quilts, fabric, textiles, markets, embroidery, weaving, antique, yardage, thrift




No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails