Visit TAFA's new site!

green in the middle





Artist Meta Heemskerk in her studio.

As long as I can remember I have loved being creative. When I discovered art quilting a whole world opened up to me. The reason I enjoy it so much is that I can use so many different techniques and materials. 

I prefer painting and printing my own fabrics. I do so by layering colour on to white fabric in order to achieve depth.  I dye, print, stamp, discharge etc.  Besides art quilting I enjoy using other ways of expression.  I like working on paper, needle felting, embroidery, encaustic, and many more things.

Artist's statement:  Inspiration for my work comes from within. I pick some fabrics from my stash and start straight away or I leave them lying on my worktop for a while and consider several options.  As soon as I get an idea in my head I start out and keep working on it until it ‘feels good’ to me. Most of the time when I am working, I listen to music, classical or contemporary. I am no doubt subconsciously inspired by this music.

I thoroughly enjoy making my art.  I couldn’t do without.



Location:  Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Online shop:  greeninthemiddle 
Blog:  greeninthemiddle 
Memberships:  Studio Art Quilts Associates
Languages spoken:  Dutch, English, German, French



"Into the Light", Art Quilt by green in the middle, Meta Heemskerk









Tags:  artquilts, surface design, fiber art, peg people, portraits, hand dyed fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails